Thursday, 2 February 2012
That Thursday Feeling...
This post title has been suggested to me by my lovely husband, as a result of me having a melt down - a tantrum, over everything that seems to NOT be getting done in my world at the moment.
I have not -
- even started any of the five assignments due in within the fortnight
- completed any of the paperwork required for my Mum's pension application
- managed to get to any ironing at all. I have two weeks worth lurking.
- announced winners to my previous two giveaways *
- found time to do any vacuuming at all, let alone dusting or mopping of floors
- written a pitch that was due nearly a week ago
- followed up anything on my "to do list"
- blogged enough or been anywhere near Twitter
- visited any blogs for ages or left any comments
The list could go on and on and on, to be honest, but I cannot write anymore - it's making me cringe and it's bringing on that awful out of control feeling.
After my tantrum, I realised, thanks to the lovely husband, that I have managed to -
- not be late to anything all week
- cuddled my children a lot in their first week back at school
- dealt with all of the issues that get thrown up me as a result of my Mum being in and out of respite care and hospital
- do about 63 loads of laundry
- cooked and prepared breakfast lunch and dinner for all of us each day
- gone to a school meeting
- texted a couple of friends to let them know I have not fallen off the planet.
I have also stuck to the my new eating plan and done a bit of exercise. Phew.
So, all is not lost. It just feels like it a bit.
Needless to say, if I am not around much at the moment, you know why...
* I shall draw and email the winners tomorrow - promise! xx