What makes your happy list?
My lovely husband asked me, last night, as we dulled and muted the adverts on the TV, "You're happy, aren't you?"
I grinned and responded positively.
He grinned back and asked me why I was happy. It made me ponder.
There are a million reasons why I'm happy, but when he made me narrow it down to a mere
1. Have someone in your world that thinks you are special. A partner, a child, a parent, a friend. Someone who knows and tells you via word or deed or touch that you are incredible and sensational, to them.
2. Work at something you love. Be it your paid job, or the work you do for your family at home, or volunteer work, or a pursuit that needs a little persistence (like blogging!). Work and play toward goals.
3. Eat and drink well. Not for gluttonous sake, but for well being. Eat for hunger, rather than stuffing down emotions. Eat what your body needs. Drink lots of water. This makes me really content, this one. Health and vitality means all my energy can work towards love and fun and laughter rather than fretting over my ailments.
4. Laugh. Laugh at a joke on Twitter, at your dog, at funny photos, at your children. Laugh with others. It is deliciously infectious.
5. Move. Walk. Run. Swim. Box. Yoga. Pilate's. Lift weights, skip, stretch. Just move. Your body and your heart and your mood will all thank you for it.
6. Sleep. Get an early night. 9.30pm bedtime for some loving, some reading, or some meditation. Relax into the utter bliss of an early night. Tomorrow you will wake with a smile.
* I could not make it a list of five. Six is it!
It is tempting for me to think that material things, or money, or fame or fortune will make me happy.
But they might not. In fact, they probably won't make me happy, unless I have my top six in place already.
So I will revel in the things that really do make me content.
Tell me, what makes YOUR happy list?