EASY home made ice cream...
I was introduced to this easy as recipe by Sandra, of the $120 Food Challenge - DIY Ice Cream
I made it a few weeks ago, and was astounded at how easy, smooth and creamy it was, especially considering the tiny amount of effort I had exerted.
My perception of home made ice cream is generally one of churning and stirring and freezing and ice crystals. Drama filled and not really worth it.
But this, this method is SO easy.
I will replicate it here - I used lower fat options, and you would never know this was a light version.
EASY home made ice cream
600 ml lite thickened cream
295g tin of lite condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup Nutella
1. Beat the cream until whipped, until soft peaks appear.
2. Add the vanilla essence and stir to combine
3. Add the condensed milk and then whip again.
4. Stir in the Nutella until it combines and the whole mixture has turned brown
5. Transfer to a freezer safe container.
6. Freeze for 12 hours before use.
Next time I make this I am planning on freezing it in a loaf tin lined with cling film - and will slice it to serve, perhaps with berries and some hazelnut praline...