I promise you, this is THE easist, and most satisfyingly simple way to cook marmalade.
It is sweet, and bitter as marmalade should be, and sets beautifully.
6 oranges or 6 grapefruits or 6 lemons ( or any combination of citrus fruit- I used pink grapefruit because I scored a bagful from a lovely old lady neighbour who grows them, bless her.)
1 kg sugar
1. Take the fruits and wash well, removing any blemishes and stalks.
2. Cut into quarters, and place in a food processor.
3. Pulse until finely ground, skin and pips and all.
4. Place fruit and sugar into the slow cooker and cook on high for about 4 hours
5. Stir occasionally, keeping an eye on the colour.
6. This quantity fills about 5 x 340g jars
8. It never goes dark and lasts for up to 6 months in the fridge without the need to sterilize the jars. (I'll be honest though, I generally do sterilise the jars. I stash the preserves at the back of the pantry. Lasts for years........)
For more brilliant slow cooker, electric cooker and pressure cooker recipes, just go here - it's a great pressure cooker recipe site!