Eggy toast, fried in dripping, no less.
And whilst I am never going to prepare my kids a cooked breakfast, nor am I likely to ever start frying up in beef fat, I am keen on dishing up eggy toast to my three beautiful little tackers, if for no other reason that bread and eggs and tomato all go together so deliciously, and are a healthy low GI option for them. And eggy toast is a nice thing...for a substantial lunch.
So, I experimented a little, and grilled eggy toast works! Yep, grilled!
A slightly healthier take on Eggy Toast
1/2 cup milk
8 slices bread
Salt and pepper
- Preheat the grill. Spray the rack with a little spray oil.
- Lightly whisk eggs on a plate. Add milk and salt and pepper, and whisk to combine.
- Soak the bread in the eggy mixture.
- Place eggy bread onto the grill pan and grill the whole lot until browned and crispy: about 2 minutes each side.
- Serve the eggy toast with cherry tomatoes
Would your kids go for a little bit of this?